Monday, June 22, 2009

Ok, so WOW is actually a very very big addiction.....

Hey everyone

So, when we last left our super hero (Me). I was trying to kick an addiction. Well, since i have not responded to this over a period of like a month and a half, chances are that my gaming returned. For the longest time I never thought of gaming addiction to be something to look at, its just a game.. its not drugs, alcohol, cigs, or gambling... its just a video game, I was wrong.

The one thing I have learned in this experience is an online game is not just a game. I have an addiction, me.. yes I'm not perfect and I cant help but try to do the right thing.. shocker!... I'm human. I have read artcles over this and I'm not the only one having a problem:

http://www.wikihow.com/Break-a-World-of-Warcraft-Addiction
http://www.wowdetox.com/

to name 2 of them..

So.. last night I stepped up the notch fully.. I not just did an uninstall, I unsubscribed as well. It's hard letting go of something that you did for a long time. I spent countless hours running through Azeroth, Outlands, and Northrend fighting and raiding to find that I missed a good 2 yrs of my life on this game. I missed the talk of people, the smell of air, and the existence of life.


So, now what? what do i do to spend my time, I have a wonderful friend named Mere that is helping me through this. I love her so much, thank you for being there (as my friend). She's giving me ideas and advice that's helping me get over this. She was once a WOW player as well and is helping me find a great game that is called me and my persuit of happiness.

I have a Hobby Lobby that I'm going to look at that across the street from me. I thought about doing something "rehabish" to pass my time. Guys, don't laugh, but i was actually thinking of making candles. I cross my fingers on something that takes a different turn towards a recreation, but im sure its a nice steady change from things.


Right now, all i ask is for people to pray for me and be there. Like any addiction it takes time, this next month is going to be interesting. I will be in prayer and yes.. I will be answering my phone :P I hope to hear from alot of you soon.


P.S. I'll be making postings of how I am feeling during times that I need to write. So look for alot of these right now.



Destroyed Warcrack

1 comment:

  1. I already said this to you, but I am extremely proud of you for trying to kick the habit! It won't be easy, but with enough prayers and support and - most importantly - willpower, self-control, and determination, I have faith you'll make it :-)

    ReplyDelete